COMPUTER SCIENCE FOR BUSINESS LEADERS
Date: March 30 – 31, 2017
Length: 2 days
Location: jhb, cpt
This program is now available exclusively as a custom program option. Please call +27 11 047 8663 if you are interested in a custom session.
Learn to master technology to improve decision making
In today’s digital economy, the demand for business managers with a comprehensive understanding of how technology systems work is skyrocketing. As the digital landscape rapidly evolves, executives who can apply high-level technology concepts and methods to complex business challenges—and join in the conversation with engineers—will hold a competitive advantage.
Designed especially for business leaders, Taking a top-down approach to computer science, the focus is on mastering high-level concepts and making related organizational decisions. Through a mix of technical instruction, discussion of case studies, and hands-on exercises, this program empowers managers and leaders—even those with limited technological skills—to think more methodically and solve problems more efficiently.
As you push beyond your technical comfort zone, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of cloud computing, privacy, scalability, security, and software, with a particular emphasis on web and mobile technologies. You’ll emerge with a firsthand appreciation of how it all works—and with the technological skills and decision-making confidence to contribute to your company’s strategic success.
Why you should attend
- Learn the fundamental concepts of computer science and programming
- Gain a better understanding of technical jargon and design concepts
- Explore how past and present technologies impact future innovations
- Converse more confidently and plan more effectively with engineers
- Improve your ability to make better-informed technological decisions
Who should enroll
This program is especially designed for current and future managers, product managers, founders, and decision makers who are looking to improve their understanding of computer science and their ability to make better technology decisions. No prior experience with computer science and programming required.
- Exploring high-level concepts and related design decisions that push you beyond your technical comfort zone
- Engaging in short hands-on exercises designed to improve your technological skills and decision-making confidence
Examining some of the latest web technologies and mobile strategies
Connecting with a diverse group of peers from different industries
Privacy, security, society
- Apple versus FBI
- DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPNs, Wi-Fi
- HTTP, HTTPS
- Hosts, registrars
- Caching, load balancing, scaling
- Containers, virtual machines
- IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- CSS, HTML
- Desktop, mobile
Abstraction, algorithms, representation
- Conditions, functions, loops, variables
- Searching, sorting,
- Arrays, hash tables, linked lists, trees
- Frameworks, libraries
- Design patterns
- Mobile strategies
- noSQL, SQL
- APIs, SAAS
Course fees will be R 11,750 per person per workshop, including lunch and refreshments.
This does not include transport to the venue, accommodation.